The 3T PowerPack for exploration.
MAGNETOM Prisma’s1 technology sets the trends in the industry. Its ultra-high power impressively indicate why Siemens is the number one in MRI research.
Overview Technical Details
Siemens' unique technologies
- Tim 4G: The 4th generation of proven Tim (Total imaging matrix) technology provides a maximum number of 204 channels3 with up to 128 independent receiver channels that can be used simultaneously for the accuracy you need.
- Dot: The next movement in MRI. Dot is a new way of scanning in MRI – a better way. Dot scanning uses a suite of customizable engines. Allowing the user to personalize exams according to patient needs, build in step-by-step user guidance, and automate MRI exams – either "out of the box" or based on the institution's standards.
More information about Dot and all of the Dot engines.
- TimTX TrueForm: Is Siemens' solution for overcoming B1 inhomogeneities at 3 Tesla. It includes innovative techniques in the RF excitation hardware as well as new application and processing features enabling uniform RF distribution in all body regions.
TimTX TrueForm Brochure 0.4 MB
- TimTX TrueShape: Is Siemens’ parallel transmit architecture. It features selective excitation to highlight regions, organs or features of an organ leading to increased image quality and faster scanning. Builds the foundation for unique parallel transmit applications, like syngo ZOOMit, the first zoom function in MRI.
MAGNETOM Prisma offers benchmark magnet homogeneity (typ. 1.1 ppm @ 50 cm DSV (diameter spherical volume)) and magnet reliability.
MAGNETOM Prisma comes standard with the XR 80/200 gradient system, the strongest gradients in the industry. The combination of the excellents gradients together with Tim (Total imaging matrix) enables the most demanding applications.
It offers largest anatomical coverage with a FoV up to 50 cm.
Tim’s revolutionary all digital-in/digital-out design Direct RF allows for higher SNR and improved stability. All transmit and receive components are located at the magnet.
- Optical links between magnet and equipment room to achieve high RF stability and low noise
- Transmit and receive components are integrated in the magnet housing
- Dual-Density Signal Transfer enables ultra-high density coil designs by integrating key RF components into the local coil
Siting and installation
MAGNETOM Prisma allows for a fast installation. It requires only 33 m2 floor space. No dedicated computer room is required for the electronic cabinets.
2Minimum total space requirement for magnet, electronics, and console room.
3Channels (coil elements) that can be connected simultaneously.