Multistix 10 SG Reagent Strips
Negative Means Negative
The Reliable Choice for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Detection at the Frontline
A multicenter study was conducted to identify patients with potential UTIs. There were 1,887 urine specimens tested comparing the leukocyte and nitrite results of Multistix 10 SG urinalysis strips to urine culture.1
Did You Know?
• Only 10-15% of urine cultures are confirmed positive.
• The cost of urine culture is significantly higher compared to urine strip testing.2
• Combining the results of leukocyte (WBC) and nitrite is a better predictor of the presence or absence of urinary tract infection, than any one test parameter alone.3
Combine two leading brands…
Multistix and ...
Be confident that Multistix 10 SG is a reliable rule-out tool for urinary tract infection (UTI)!
CLINITEK Status® Family of Analyzers
Removes subjectivity by correctly identifying positives
Did You Know?
- Over 10 million Americans have difficulty discerning color.4
- Studies have shown that when urinalysis is performed with an instrument, sensitivity is increased and positives are correctly identified and reported.5
- Instrument-read results provide consistency and reliability, sample to sample: In a study of 10,084 samples, the % error (+/- 1 color block difference) among positive samples was reduced from 12.4% when read visually to 2.9% when read on the CLINITEK® 50 analyzer.5
Result Interpretation Accuracy / Urinalysis Testing
Save time and money by providing more accurate results the first time. The use of an electronic reader considerably reduces the rate of error in urinalysis strip testing.
We have over 50 years of experience in serving urine testing needs and continues a tradition of providing high quality products and services.
• Consistent quality in manufacturing and packaging of Multistix urinalysis strips ensures high quality, reproducible results - each strip, every test.
• Excellent customer service and support standards that you can rely on with highly trained technical support staff and customer education programs including Siemens' Encyclopedia of Urinalysis.
• Comprehensive product and service offering including Siemens' Urinalysis Proficiency Program, urinalysis workshops and the broadest product configurations in the marketplace.
1A third party multi-center study comparing Multistix 10 SG to urine culture. Data on file.
2Tissot E, Woronoft-Lemsi M-C, Cornette C, Plesiat P, Jacquet M, Capellier G. Cost effectiveness of urinary dipsticks to screen asymptomatic catheter-associated urinary infections in an intensive care unit. Intensive Care Med 2001;27:1842-7.
3Robertson AW, Duff P. The nitrite and leukocyte estarase tests for the evaluation of asymptomatic bacteriuria in obstetrics. Obstet. Gynnecol 1988;71:878-81.
4Healthcommunities.com, Inc. http://www.visionchannel.net/colorvision; Information retrieved on March 7, 2003.
5Tighe P. "Urine Dry Reagent Strip ‘Error Rates’ Using Different Reading Methods." Poster presented at Quality in Spotlight meeting in Antwerp (2000).